Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Latest addition to our yard


Yesterday morning Benjamin and I heard a rather large noise and looked out our front door to see this laying in our yard! Fortunately, as far as we know, it did not damage anything besides our Japanese maple tree and a few sprinkler heads. Just the day before Danny's car had been sitting in the driveway since our garage still had lots of boxes to get rid of. But being a determined man that he is, fortunately on Sunday he was determined to get all the boxes gone so that he could park in the garage!
This was our neighbor's tree so it looks like her insurance will take care of everything. Great way to get to meet lots of our new neighbors.

4 comments:

Janet said...

oh my!!! So glad no one was hurt...also glad your car is okay :). I got nervous just seeing Benjamin sitting near the roots!!

Renae said...

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Thank you for sharing the video clip of Sunny dancing - praise God! I love looking at all of your pictures from India. Now, I will look forward to hearing about your trip. Missing you, sweet friend.

SLMW8MAN said...

glad you are writing again. How sad for such an old tree to fall. But glad it fell the way it did and not on the house.

McKinney Mumblings & Munchkins said...

Oh my!!! I'm so glad you are all safe, and your house is too! I miss chatting w/you...thanks for updating your blog! :)