Thursday, September 4, 2008

What a Privilege

"Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The kids shouted. They were so excited to spend this past Labor Day weekend with Granddad and Mimi. We spent Sunday over in Jefferson enjoying an adventure on the Cypress Bayou boat ride... OK, so it is really quite lame for a little tour - but we got a great history lesson of the local lore! The other picture is taken in the courtyard of one of the famous old Inns.

The kids love their time with their grandparents. It has really been a huge blessing to see how much they cherish each one of their relationships with the three different sets of grandparents. Each one is unique in its own way, but so very special. I guess some how for me after being gone for so long, I appreciate the grandparents even more.

Something else I am thankful for right now.... I just started a new bible study today. As we were giving our introductions, I realized it had been almost 6 years since I have been able to participate in a formal bible study. What a privilege it is to have so many opportunities around us. Whether it is grandparents or the chance to grow in God's word with other women, I don't want to lose sight of how much we should cherish these things.

Much love, Lori

2 comments:

SLMW8MAN said...

Abigail is so tan, and Benjamin so white.
Glad you are joining a Bible study. I am going to join a community group with the Intl church.
I love seeing the pictures.

Lisa said...

Hello Lori! I love the pictures of the kids---they are precious! Then seeing Sharon and your Dad ---wow, brings back memories! They look great and I have such fond memories of them! Have a wonderful weekend!!